How do I use my embroidery machine to applique?
If you are new to machine embroidery applique, then you will want to click on this link to download a FREE pdf step-by-step instruction guide outlining the basic applique process.
What supplies do I need to applique?
Your color guide is included in the zip file.
How do I use your designs?
All of our designs are digital machine embroidery designs to be used with an embroidery machine. You are purchasing a digital file, NOT a physical product like an iron-on patch! You MUST have a computer, a way to download and unzip the file, an embroidery machine to use these designs as well as a way to get them to your machine from your computer!
How do I order?
The purchase price includes download access to the zipped files which contains all sizes described on the product page, all machine formats listed, color chart, and any special instructions available for each.
- Click the “Add to Cart” button for each design and/or font you want to purchase. (PLEASE NOTE: My website does not feature a function that notifies when an item has been previously purchased. Please be sure to review your purchase history to prevent duplicate purchases. It is the customer’s responsibility to prevent making duplicate purchases.)
- Select the Shopping Bag icon near the top right.
- CART PAGE: review your cart contents. Add/remove items as needed.
- If you have a Coupon or a Gift Card add them to the appropriate boxes and click “Apply”.
- Select “Proceed To Checkout”.
- CHECKOUT DETAILS PAGE 1: If you have shopped with us before, log into your account. If this is your first time, please fill in your billing details. (PLEASE NOTE: your registered billing address must match the billing address for your payment method in order for PayPal to complete the transaction)
- Check the box to the left of “I’ve read and accept the terms & conditions, (terms & conditions may be viewed by clicking on the words)
- Click on “Place Order”
- CHECKOUT DETAILS PAGE 2:
Pay with PayPal: click on “Checkout with PayPal”. You will be redirected to PayPal to complete your payment.
No PayPal account? No problem. Choose Pay with credit or debit card. Enter the card number and expiration date on this page. Click on “Pay Now”. Your PayPal information and/or your credit/debit card information are only entered on PayPal’s secure, encrypted payment site. Your Ovistin in Africa account only contains your name, email address and billing address for verification as required by the PayPal shopping cart.
When I purchase from your website, are my transactions secure?
Yes. Because we value you and your privacy, we have installed on our website a secure, encrypted SSL that protects your purchases and your account.
What form of payments do you accept?
We accept PayPal, debit cards, and credit cards. We do not accept echecks.
My payment is processed by I can’t download my designs. Why?
PayPal’s payment page sends data to my store to automatically authorize orders. Upon completion of payment, it marks the order as complete thereby activating the download links immediately. This automatic authorization of download links may be interrupted occasionally for the following reasons:
1. refreshing your browser or using the browser “back” button during processing
2. failure to verify the billing address due to spelling, errors, or discrepancies
3. internet connectivity issues causing a page timeout.
Although these situations very rarely occur, these automatic authorization interruptions can happen even when the payment successfully processes. If you know your payment has processed but is still reading as “pending payment”, please use the CONTACT US form to send us an email so we can manually process the order for you as quickly as possible during normal business hours.
What design formats will I receive?
EMBROIDERY DESIGNS: You will receive one zipped file. Within the main file are 8 other folders sorted by individual formats. All of our designs come in 8 different formats: DST, EXP, HUS, JEF, PES, VIP, VP3, VP4.
How do I receive my embroidery files?
All designs are instant download. Once your payment has been processed, you will receive an email with links to the downloads. If you do not receive this email, please check your junk or spam folder. Also, you can log into your account to download your designs. Designs will NOT be emailed to you or mailed on a CD.
How do I use zipped files?
All files are in a compressed/zipped file.
Follow these instructions on how to unzip your files. You need to unzip/extract the files before sending individual designs to your machine or before working with them in your embroidery software. The compressed/zipped folder looks similar to other folders on your computer but has the image of a zipper on the folder icon.
On a PC, right click on the zipped file to open a menu and select extract all from the menu. The extraction wizard will open. Select “next”, then “finish” through the wizard; it will place the designs in an extracted folder by the same name as the original (the extracted folder will be in the same directory as the zipped folder unless you selected another destination).
On a MAC, double click on the zipped folder. It will extract the files in the same location where you downloaded them.
Sending individual embroidery designs to your embroidery machine via USB memory stick or USB connection will be explained in your embroidery machine owner’s manual. Working with individual embroidery designs using embroidery software before sending to your machine would be explained in tutorial provided by the software maker.
I am having trouble downloading my designs. What do I do?
First, close out your browser, then reopen it. If you are still having problems downloading your designs, please restart your computer.
Can I use the photos of your designs for my business and/or advertising?
You MAY NOT use the photo of the stitch outs on Web Page for your business page.
Can I use your designs on items I sell for my business?
YES! You are allowed to use our designs as follows:
- Use the designs items for personal use.
- Sell items you have used with our designs in your small business, on your personal website, Etsy, Craft shows, Artfire, etc.
- Use the designs for small commercial jobs NOT to exceed 100 products. NO MASS PRODUCTION
Can I get a refund?
Due to the digital nature of this product, NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES will be given for any reason.
* You are purchasing a digital embroidery file, NOT a physical product like an iron on patch!! You MUST have a computer, a way to download and unzip the file, an embroidery machine to use these designs as well as a way to get them to your embroidery machine!
* We do not guarantee the quality of our designs if they have been in any way edited, altered, or resized.
* Due to the digital nature of this product, NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES will be given for any reason.
* All designs, images, photos, tutorials, and other information shown on www.ovistininafrica.co.za are the property of, and copyrighted by Ovistin in Africa.
WHAT YOU ARE ALLOWED TO DO WITH OUR EMBROIDERY DESIGNS:
- Use the applique/embroidery designs to sew on items for personal use.
- Sell items you have sewn with our designs in your small business, on your personal website, Etsy, Craft shows, Artfire, etc.
- Use the sewn designs for small commercial jobs NOT to exceed 100 products. NO MASS PRODUCTION. CONTACT US if you need a license for sales greater than 100 uses.
WHAT YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DO WITH OUR EMBROIDERY DESIGNS:
- NOT allowed to sell, resell, share, giveaway and/or copy the digital designs in part or whole.
- CANNOT use our designs as is or altered in any way and sell or claim them as your own.
- CANNOT share or give away our designs for free.
- CANNOT use any parts of our designs to create your own designs in part or whole and sell on a competitor website.
- CANNOT use our fonts to create embroidery designs of your own and then sell the digital embroidery file of those designs.
- MAY NOT use our designs for heat transfers or screen printing.
- MAY NOT use our designs for vinyl.
- MAY NOT use our designs for vinyl designs using a cutting machine such as Silhouette Cameo, Cricut or the like.
- MAY NOT use our designs to create printed paper items.
- MAY NOT use our designs for web design graphics.
- MAY NOT use our designs for logos or any other derived works.
- MAY NOT use our designs to make cutting machine files out of any of our designs for personal or commercial use.
- MAY NOT use our deigns for mass production or manufacturing like Zazzle/Spoonflower/Cafe Press or the like.
- MAY NOT use our designs to create bulk items to be sold wholesale to retail stores or wholesaled to larger companies or internet sites or any other means.
All designs are the intellectual property of Ovistin in Africa. All copyrights remain with Ovistin in Africa. By purchasing our digital designs, you have permission to use that design file to sew onto your items. It does not give you the right to resell the design.
All designs are digitized by me and have been tested.
Due to the digital nature of this product refunds are not available.
You will need an embroidery machine and a way to get the design from your computer to your machine.